
Today is my birthday! I've always loved my birthday. I think a lot of it was the fact that I shared the day with my dad. I was born on his 28th birthday, way back in 1977.
The day that I was born my dad was out celebrating his birthday on a motorcycle ride with a friend, I believe. Mom was going into labor and since cell phones didn't exist, was just hoping that Dad would hurry up and get home so they could go to the hospital. I was her third baby, and labor was moving right along. Luckily Dad got home just in time to get Mom into the car and make a mad dash for the hospital.
As Dad was making that "mad dash", he spotted a police officer that pulled in behind him. Not even waiting for the flashing lights, Dad pulled over. He explained to the officer that his wife was in labor.
It's not like it is in the movies.
In the movies the officer congratulates the expecting couple and gives them a police escort with flashing lights and all to get them to the hospital faster. Not so in real life. The officer said something like, "I'm going to follow you to the hospital, and you'd better be telling the truth," and then followed them. So they got to the hospital, but it wasn't until after Mom was admitted that the officer offered congratulations.
Then I was born, and Dad's life has been so much the better ever since.
Fast forward 28 years to the year 2005....
After learning that I was pregnant with #5, and after doing the math, I discovered that I was due on April 3, 2006. NO WAY! What were the chances?
As the pregnancy progressed and I saw my waistline expand, I knew that it was very likely that this was going to be a big baby. My previous experience was that each of my babies were progressively getting bigger. Bre...7 lbs. 13 oz. Dallin....9 lbs. 2 oz. Jerrin....10 lbs. 4 oz. Because of this trend, my doctor decided with Kyleen that she would not let me go overdue at all. We scheduled an inducement and I went into labor on my own the day before we were going to induce. Luckily Kyleen was small at 8 lbs. ? oz. I can't remember the exact amount right now. So with #5, they decided that, again, we would avoid going over the due date. We were going to induce. I went in on April 2, 2006, to be induced. When I got there, we discovered that I was already in labor. Regular contractions every 10 minutes. They gave me a little pitocen and labor steadily progressed. Tamsen was born the next afternoon on our birthday...8 lbs. 11 oz.
April 2007
April 2008
Today she's 3, I'm 32, and Dad is 60! It's a great day, and I hope that we can have many more birthdays celebrated together.








4 comments:
Well congratulations! I wishing you the best birthday ever! I love all the pictures too!!! Though I think that my favorite picture though is the one you showed us on our un-birthday party!!!!
Happy birthday to all of you!! What a fun birthday story!
Hey, this is a cool club. A cousin can join right? I too was born on this VERY SPECIAL day ;)
Welcome to the club, and Happy Birthday, Jaye!
Post a Comment