Tamsen had just crawled right on top of Sam to cuddle, and then very quickly fallen asleep. Sam, although she looked very uncomfortable, was very patient and kind. I think she could tell that Tamsen didn't feel well, and really needed her.
What a sweet doggie!
Next, a small tribute to my brother-in-law, Clinton. When Clinton joined our family we were very happy. Danielle had finally found the right person...but she had to go to Canada to find him. That makes it sound like she was really old and desperate! She wasn't old. (hee hee) Anyway--because we added a Canadian to the family we decided to add a holiday and we celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving every October now. This year Clinton and Danielle moved to Wisconsin in August so Clinton can attend Medical School for the next 4 years, but that didn't stop us from roasting us some turkey and filling up on pie!

Here are Dallin, Kyleen, Ellie, and Tamsen hovering over the gigantic pies. Yummy!
It was fun getting together and hanging out with the family over good food, even if the true Canadian wasn't there. I got to hold the two newest babies, my nephews, Sam and Riley, while their mommas got some dinner. It was fun holding them. Before you see the picture though, I need to warn you that it is an optical illusion. I am sitting in a red mushroom chair while wearing a red sweater. It looks like I have an enormous upper body with itty bitty legs, but it's just the chair. I just didn't want anyone to think that it was the aftermath of such huge pies.

It does look like I'm Jack Sprat's wife, doesn't it? Anyway--Sam on the left, Riley on the right.
Now we're back to where we left off with the last blog entry. We finished at the Pumpkin Patch, and naturally after picking out the pumpkins...

you have to take them home and carve them.

Bre kept begging us to go to our friends' house so we could print a pattern off of the internet that she could tape to her pumpkin and then carve out. We challenged her to try to just carve it out free hand while looking at the pattern on-line. She didn't think she could do it, but we challenged her again, and she decided that she would give it a try. This is what she ended up with...

Tinkerbell! I think she did a fantastic job! I knew she could. The other kids had fun, too, and I think we had a very festive front walk.

We didn't get any pictures of our kids in their costumes, I know, LAME! We did have my mom take one picture, so once she gets it onto a disc, we'll post it. We did, however, get the candy counting pictures. Our kids made out like bandits! We had a ward trunk or treat and it was the best trunk or treat I have ever been to. We combined with another ward and there were so many cars that there was plenty of candy. Our kids each filled their pumpkin head buckets to the top. It was a great Halloween.

You can tell from the look on Dallin's face that he had already eaten a fair share of his candy!
Just one week after Halloween Breanne celebrated her 12th birthday. I can't believe it! She was very excited to turn 12, mostly because it meant that she was graduating from Primary and could finally move on to Young Women. She memorized all 13 Articles of Faith and earned her Faith in God Award, and now she is officially a Beehive in the Young Women Program. She's started Personal Progress and is enjoying going to the weekly activities and associating with the other girls in the program. Here are some pictures of the Hunter party that we had at our house on her birthday.

Here is Breanne opening the present that we gave her. It was a new Boom Box for her bedroom. She was so excited because it was nice, it was new, and the CD player and stereo both work! Yeah!

Auntie Erin (holding Little Stevie) and Uncle Spencer gave Bre some fun ear rings, and some new make up.

Auntie Erica got Bre a very cute flannel shirt that goes perfectly with the crown that Celeste made for her. It was a nice birthday, and we are still looking to get together with the Conklin side of the family.
The little girls have discovered a joy of baking and cooking. They love to help with dinner and especially love to help Mommy bake Pepparkakors (my Great Great Grandma's Swedish Spice cookie recipe). What's not to like about baking? Not only do you get to have a warm yummy treat when you're done, but you get to wear cute aprons...

and you get to lick the beaters.

Baking Rocks!
The boys are enjoying the fact that Daddy is in the Young Men Program now. He gets to participate in scout camp outs and the boys get to go along, as long as they behave like scouts, instead of cubs, which if we're being honest, is not that different. So here they are on their first overnight scout activity.

Dallin coming down the hill from the shelters they slept in. The boys were nice and toasty, but Brandon froze his toes off.

Jerrin is just like his father and likes to hang out by the camp fire. I don't know why we even buy that kid coats.
Well, I think we are finally caught up. Whew! Just in time to hit the holiday season and have lots of upcoming events that I will try to keep on top of posting. I am thankful for my crazy family and how much I love them all. I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will leave you with a final picture. Tamsen heard word that Daddy was going to the store and so she quick got ready so she could go with him. This is what she decided to wear...

My favorite parts are the two different high heels and the hippo flashlight because you can never be too prepared. She's so much fun!
Here are Dallin, Kyleen, Ellie, and Tamsen hovering over the gigantic pies. Yummy!
It was fun getting together and hanging out with the family over good food, even if the true Canadian wasn't there. I got to hold the two newest babies, my nephews, Sam and Riley, while their mommas got some dinner. It was fun holding them. Before you see the picture though, I need to warn you that it is an optical illusion. I am sitting in a red mushroom chair while wearing a red sweater. It looks like I have an enormous upper body with itty bitty legs, but it's just the chair. I just didn't want anyone to think that it was the aftermath of such huge pies.
It does look like I'm Jack Sprat's wife, doesn't it? Anyway--Sam on the left, Riley on the right.
Now we're back to where we left off with the last blog entry. We finished at the Pumpkin Patch, and naturally after picking out the pumpkins...
you have to take them home and carve them.
Bre kept begging us to go to our friends' house so we could print a pattern off of the internet that she could tape to her pumpkin and then carve out. We challenged her to try to just carve it out free hand while looking at the pattern on-line. She didn't think she could do it, but we challenged her again, and she decided that she would give it a try. This is what she ended up with...
Tinkerbell! I think she did a fantastic job! I knew she could. The other kids had fun, too, and I think we had a very festive front walk.
We didn't get any pictures of our kids in their costumes, I know, LAME! We did have my mom take one picture, so once she gets it onto a disc, we'll post it. We did, however, get the candy counting pictures. Our kids made out like bandits! We had a ward trunk or treat and it was the best trunk or treat I have ever been to. We combined with another ward and there were so many cars that there was plenty of candy. Our kids each filled their pumpkin head buckets to the top. It was a great Halloween.
You can tell from the look on Dallin's face that he had already eaten a fair share of his candy!
Just one week after Halloween Breanne celebrated her 12th birthday. I can't believe it! She was very excited to turn 12, mostly because it meant that she was graduating from Primary and could finally move on to Young Women. She memorized all 13 Articles of Faith and earned her Faith in God Award, and now she is officially a Beehive in the Young Women Program. She's started Personal Progress and is enjoying going to the weekly activities and associating with the other girls in the program. Here are some pictures of the Hunter party that we had at our house on her birthday.
Here is Breanne opening the present that we gave her. It was a new Boom Box for her bedroom. She was so excited because it was nice, it was new, and the CD player and stereo both work! Yeah!
Auntie Erin (holding Little Stevie) and Uncle Spencer gave Bre some fun ear rings, and some new make up.
Auntie Erica got Bre a very cute flannel shirt that goes perfectly with the crown that Celeste made for her. It was a nice birthday, and we are still looking to get together with the Conklin side of the family.
The little girls have discovered a joy of baking and cooking. They love to help with dinner and especially love to help Mommy bake Pepparkakors (my Great Great Grandma's Swedish Spice cookie recipe). What's not to like about baking? Not only do you get to have a warm yummy treat when you're done, but you get to wear cute aprons...
and you get to lick the beaters.
Baking Rocks!
The boys are enjoying the fact that Daddy is in the Young Men Program now. He gets to participate in scout camp outs and the boys get to go along, as long as they behave like scouts, instead of cubs, which if we're being honest, is not that different. So here they are on their first overnight scout activity.
Dallin coming down the hill from the shelters they slept in. The boys were nice and toasty, but Brandon froze his toes off.
Jerrin is just like his father and likes to hang out by the camp fire. I don't know why we even buy that kid coats.
Well, I think we are finally caught up. Whew! Just in time to hit the holiday season and have lots of upcoming events that I will try to keep on top of posting. I am thankful for my crazy family and how much I love them all. I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I will leave you with a final picture. Tamsen heard word that Daddy was going to the store and so she quick got ready so she could go with him. This is what she decided to wear...
My favorite parts are the two different high heels and the hippo flashlight because you can never be too prepared. She's so much fun!







3 comments:
Hi Sharon! I noticed your blog update on Daya's blog and was so excited!!
You guys look great...and YOU are just as radiant and beautiful as ever!
Canadian Thanksgiving? That rocks!You guys must be missing them like crazy!
Sweet Sam makes me want to have a dog. What a great friend to have!
I love Tamsen's outfit! Celeste used to do that all the time and how do you tell them no way when they were so good about getting ready so quickly!?
I love it!!!!
Oh those posts were so fun to read! I love the pictures!! Your family is just adorable! Love you all!! P.S. That Tinkerbell was AWESOME!
Post a Comment