
Ok, so I'm new at this. I don't really know how this works, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Today, we are braving the world of back-to-school shopping! AHHHHH! Yes, I have 3 of my children entering back into the public school domain this next week, and I'm currently getting ready to head out into the craziness of glue sticks and student sized scissors. Back to school shopping for me is a love/hate relationship. I used to love back to school season when I was a kid. It never really seemed like fall until I had a new back-pack, a new pair of shoes, and a binder with velcro that didn't have a bunch of hair matted in it. I loved braving the crowds and looking for new shoes that "didn't cost a fortune", and would last me at least until Christmas. The excitement of meeting a new teacher, and learning again. {LOVE} Once you become the parent though, school shopping takes on a whole new dimension. I never thought that I'd feel an odd sense of joy when elbowing some other lady away and grabbing the last package of pencil top erasers. VICTORY!!! The choices are insurmountable sometimes. Do I buy white glue sticks, or gel; what's the difference, and are my children going to be the only ones that don't have the Disney Brand? Who needs 50 pencils for one school year? And why do they ask for 50 when they know that they come in packs of 20? Are all the kids in the class going to use the hand-sanitizer that I provide, 'cause if not, I'm going cheap, (my kids are used to being dirty)? When they say, 1 large box of Kleenex, do they mean that it has to be Kleenex, or just facial tissue? Meanwhile, all of the kids are showing me what they think they need, and what they just know everyone else is going to have, and they will be the only ones that don't have it, because they are always the only ones that don't have everything! {HATE} In the end, we always end up with the things we need, a few things that we want, new friends, reunions with old friends, more positive experiences than negative, and a mom with a great appreciation for the start of a new school-year, and the hours of quiet that it provides during the week. So, here I go....into the unknown....wish me luck! Cheryn







3 comments:
Where did Kyleen's hair go....and Breanne's???? They all look so cute for their first day of school.
That picture was from last year. We're starting school tomorrow
Actually, it was from 2 years ago. That was Jerrin's first day of kindergarten. Man, time flies!
Post a Comment