Saturday, August 30, 2008

UTAH--Education Week







This last month the three oldest kids and I were involved in a play that took us to education week and BYU, Provo.  It was great fun.  We "stayed" with David and Sara in West Jordan.  I say "stayed" because we were so busy that we hardly ever saw them, but we did enjoy the time we had together.  The play was awesome!  It was With Mine Own Hand, the Musical Account of Nephi.  It was so much fun for me to go and perform at BYU, because I'd always wanted to do that when I was kid, but I haven't made it to college yet, let alone BYU, and so it was a dream come true for me.  We were the first play to come from out-of-town, the first to be scripted directly from the scriptures, and the first to play to matinee crowds.  It was pretty cool.  We were also one of the first, if not the first, to play to an almost sold-out crowd on Friday night.  The spirit was incredible every performance, and while I'm happy to have my free-time with my husband and two younger daughters back, I will miss the play and the close friendships the kids and I have developed with the other cast and crew members.  It's been an amazing summer for our testimonies, both of the Book of Mormon, the gospel, and of Nephi and his life.  If you're interested in producing the play in your area, go to www.nephi-story.com, and find out how you can have these experiences to.  Anyway--I'm going to try to upload some photos from our trip.  We'll see if it works.   Cheryn
P.S. The mansion isn't David and Sara's house, although their house is beautiful, and very nice.  Several of the cast and crew pitched in and rented the mansion to stay at, and for a hang out for everyone.  We called it "Lehi's Tent".

1 comment:

MotherBeck said...

Holy HOUSE batman!! Seriously, that looks like the house from Billy Madison!