Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The first day of the rest of the school year......

"Kyleen, tell me how you really feel about the kids going back to school, and you being the queen of the house while they're gone."
Isn't she lovely?
My beautiful girls
The whole gang
Dallin in Mr. Ingalls' class, fourth grade
Jerrin in Ms. Walton's class, second grade
Breanne in Mr. Anderson's class, fifth grade
Future Hotties
OK, here are some pictures of this year's first day of school.  May I just say, that I haven't heard the words, "I'm bored" for almost a week now and it's great!  The kids seem to be enjoying their new school, and their new teachers.  So far so good.  No black eyes, no phone calls from teachers, and no tearful pleas to skip school.  They also haven't started homework yet, so the tearful pleas could just be a matter of time.  Seriously, the kids are having a great time back at school.  The new school is beautiful.  It's just about a mile from home and we are walking to school every day that the weather is good.  It's nice to get out in the good weather because heaven knows that rain is lurking just around the corner.  It won't be long before Washington is soggy and not "walking to school" worthy.  Kyleen and I have started pre-school at home and she is loving it!  It's only really about a half hour of one on one learning time, but for that half hour, she is the student and she refers to me as "teacher".  It's really fun to see her blossoming into her own little beautiful, fun person.  She also loves to do make-overs.  I posted some of her "glamour shots".  Isn't she lovely?  Tamsen gave herself a make-over yesterday.  I don't have that picture uploaded onto the laptop yet, but once I do, I'll share it with you.  Anyway--gotta go finish dinner.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

Hey Hunter Family! It's good to see more Hunter bloggers. Great pictures by the way! I still have to upload Celeste's pics. Our blog is emeraldhunters.blogspot.com I'll add yours to mine so I can check it out every once in a while. If you ever need help with your blog, let me know. I'm always learning new things too.