Ok, so....Last weekend, not this immediate last weekend, but the one before, Brandon and I decided that it was finally time to begin attempting to conquer the garage. I say "conquer" because it is a task that is equal to climbing Mt. Everest, or Scaling the Great Wall of China, a challenge that is daunting, to say the least. Anyhow, as we were tossing and saving, sniffing and gagging, the kids were helping by pulling every little thing out of every box and corner and reminiscing on "how much I love this and I don't want to throw it away". So after our patience with their "help" had run dry we suggested that they ride their bikes or climb trees or anything else that they could do outside, since we were already out there and could watch them play. And off they went! The little girls and Dallin went over to the van, climbed in, and were driving to Disneyland (a game that we used to play when I was little, too). Breanne continued helping us, and she's old enough that her help really is help, and Jerrin switched off and on between his skateboard, bike, pogo-ball, and scooter. All was well on 33rd circle. Brandon and I got things sorted for a garage sale, threw away a ton of garbage and sort of have a path now in the garage. As we were finishing up with our work I noticed that I could see all of the kids playing except Tamsen. I got a little worried since she's only 2 1/2, and I started asking everyone where she was. Dallin said that she was still in the van, and when I looked I noticed her very blonde little head in the driver's seat and quit worrying and went back to finishing up. Brandon was finished with his projects before I was finished with mine and so he went to get Tamsen out of the car. That's when it happened. All I heard from the car was "UH OH"...in Brandon's Now-look-what-you've-done voice. So, I braced myself for the worst. Due to my tendency to run a little behind schedule, I keep my make-up bag in the car and usually do my make-up when STOPPED at red lights. Well, Tamsen, the smart little thing that she is, found my bag and gave herself this make-over. I think she did a great job! Very gothic, though. Anyway--she made me laugh. Luckily I don't like water-proof and so we could easily wash it all off with tear-free shampoo. What is the moral of the story....when you're cleaning out the garage, and the toddler is driving the family car to Disneyland, make sure that you take your make-up bag out of the car. I don't know, maybe you know a better moral?
Monday, September 15, 2008
Makeover Madness
Ok, so....Last weekend, not this immediate last weekend, but the one before, Brandon and I decided that it was finally time to begin attempting to conquer the garage. I say "conquer" because it is a task that is equal to climbing Mt. Everest, or Scaling the Great Wall of China, a challenge that is daunting, to say the least. Anyhow, as we were tossing and saving, sniffing and gagging, the kids were helping by pulling every little thing out of every box and corner and reminiscing on "how much I love this and I don't want to throw it away". So after our patience with their "help" had run dry we suggested that they ride their bikes or climb trees or anything else that they could do outside, since we were already out there and could watch them play. And off they went! The little girls and Dallin went over to the van, climbed in, and were driving to Disneyland (a game that we used to play when I was little, too). Breanne continued helping us, and she's old enough that her help really is help, and Jerrin switched off and on between his skateboard, bike, pogo-ball, and scooter. All was well on 33rd circle. Brandon and I got things sorted for a garage sale, threw away a ton of garbage and sort of have a path now in the garage. As we were finishing up with our work I noticed that I could see all of the kids playing except Tamsen. I got a little worried since she's only 2 1/2, and I started asking everyone where she was. Dallin said that she was still in the van, and when I looked I noticed her very blonde little head in the driver's seat and quit worrying and went back to finishing up. Brandon was finished with his projects before I was finished with mine and so he went to get Tamsen out of the car. That's when it happened. All I heard from the car was "UH OH"...in Brandon's Now-look-what-you've-done voice. So, I braced myself for the worst. Due to my tendency to run a little behind schedule, I keep my make-up bag in the car and usually do my make-up when STOPPED at red lights. Well, Tamsen, the smart little thing that she is, found my bag and gave herself this make-over. I think she did a great job! Very gothic, though. Anyway--she made me laugh. Luckily I don't like water-proof and so we could easily wash it all off with tear-free shampoo. What is the moral of the story....when you're cleaning out the garage, and the toddler is driving the family car to Disneyland, make sure that you take your make-up bag out of the car. I don't know, maybe you know a better moral?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
i love the make-up! she is so 'emo'... just kid-n-
tell everyone hi. luv ya
Post a Comment