Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Tamsen is enjoying her spoils

I can't believe that it's been so long since I've written.  I have had two big activities for the Young Women's Program (Etiquette Night, and Young Women in Excellence) and so I've just been really pre-occupied.  Luckily I have great counselors, secretary, and advisors and so I have a lot of help with my calling and we do everything as a team.  (And both events were very successful)

 
Jerrin is really excited that he has so much candy

I've also been working on that whole painting the interior of the house thing.  I've finished both kids' bedrooms, the living room, kitchen, dining room, entry and hall ways.  Now I just have two bathrooms and our bedroom.  Once I'm all done I'll post some before and after pictures.  


Dallin needed two bowls and a bag to hold all of his loot

Anyway--I knew that if I didn't write tonight that I wouldn't get any entries for the month of October, so I am writing now.  We had a great Halloween.  As you can see from the pictures, the kids made out like the pirates, vampires, ladybugs, mermaids, and Zorros that they were. 
Good thing we have dental cleanings on Monday!

  
All three girls sorting out what they each like best

It was fun going out together trick-or-treating this year.  We normally only go to the Troutdale Outlet Mall, and Downtown Troutdale, but this year the kids are old enough to want to go out with some friends, so we also went around one of the neighborhoods in our ward.  We were out for a total of about 5 hours!  CRAZY!! 

 
HOLY COW! That's a lot of candy

Trick-or-treat bags were tearing left and right, feet were aching, bladders were bursting, and we ended up collecting a couple of kids from the ward and taking them around with us.  It was really fun!  Kyleen really had a good time this year.  Every house she saw with a porch light on, she started squealing and running up the driveway to find out what cool candy she would get at that house.
  
We met up with Derek and Carrie and Hannah

 It was really sweet though, because she would come and show me her candy, and then go running back to get a piece of candy for her little sister, who had had enough trick-or-treating, but was still interested in the prospect of free candy.

Oh, No!  Zorro caught himself a Pirate.  Little does Zorro know that he's about to be bitten by a vampire.

We all had fun, and if the kids each only eat 1 or 2 pieces of candy a day, they should be good until next Halloween.

 
Jerrin, Dallin, Kyleen, Breanne, and Tamsen

7,9,4,10(until 11/7), and 2 1/2

   The other wonderful thing that happened this month, is that Tamsen decided that she was finished with diapers and wanted to wear her Elmo panties.  (Can't you hear the Hallelujah Chorus playing in your head?  Hal-lelujah!  )  She has been potty-trained now for a week (Hal-lelujah!) and hasn't had one accident since last Sunday (Hallelujah, Hallelujah), when she tried to get to the bathroom in time, but the nursery leaders couldn't understand Tamsenese.  She's even waking up dry every morning. (Halle-e-lu-jah!) My last one to potty train.  Christmas came early!   Anyway--it's been a good month, and we are looking forward to an even better November.  Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Clinton and Danielle said...

What a bunch of cute kids...and a little scary too!

Congrats to Tam-Tam!

Emilee said...

Having them all potty trained is the best thing to happen since the invention of the wheel. Congrats.

Great pictures, they look so cute!