It was the last week of school and so Breanne had a band concert. This is the 5th grade band. Breanne is playing clarinet, and if you look closely you can see her. Keep in mind, the sound on my camera is not as good as it sounded there.
One of the things I love about Vancouver is that they still value music in the school system. This is a mi rumba band. They are a group of kids that met early each day to practice, but they are demonstrating for us what all of our kids learned this year in their weekly music classes. My kids loved their music classes!
On June 16th, Jerrin, turned 8 years old. I can't believe he's getting so big. He's eagerly awaiting his baptism on the 28th of this month, and he is very excited about finally being a cub scout. I sewed the patches onto his uniform yesterday and he quickly put it on with clean jeans and the kerchief and tucked it in and everything so he would be ready for the pack meeting tonight, where he'll receive his bobcat award. We had to tell him that he couldn't sleep in the uniform. (It was too hot!)
On Wednesday, the 17th, Brandon had ankle surgery. Here he is modeling the new hospital gowns that they have. They are really cool-- or hot, you get to choose. They hook up to a tube that blows air, and you dial in to the temperature that you want. They're really nice, but they do make everyone look like giant blueberries!
Monday was our first really official day of vacation because Daddy had the day off and wasn't on pain medication, and was actually up and walking again just fine, so we decided to head off to Seaside, Oregon. Whenever you head to the Oregon Coast it's always uncertain what kind of weather you're going to get, but we lucked out--it was gorgeous!
The swings were even open and we had fun swinging together while Dallin flew his kite.
The kids had fun running away from the waves while I worried that they were going to either get soaked, or get eaten by a shark, or caught in a riptide....the ocean really freaks me out when it comes to my family!
But we all survived and the kids had a great time!
Especially Bre, she loves the beach. She just wished I wouldn't worry so much!
Before we left we had to stop and get some salt water taffy, and ride the carousel.
Breanne, Tamsen and Daddy
Tamsen, Daddy, and Jerrin
Kyleen was glad that she got to ride on the pig!
This is Dallin trying hard not to show he was having fun.
Overall it was a good day, and a great way to start the summer. We're looking forward to lots of fun times together this summer vacation!







1 comment:
I played the clarinet too! (& Brent!) Very cool.
I can't believe Jerrin is 8. Why do our babies have to grow up so fast?
continue to enjoy the summer... I wish it could be summer break year round.
Post a Comment