Saturday, May 29, 2010

So Much Fun!!

We have been really enjoying some fun with family and friends. We've had such crazy weather lately, that whenever it is the tiniest bit sunny we hurry and take advantage of it. So here are some pics of us enjoying the warm weather.

A few weeks ago there was a scout camp out planned, and so Brandon took that Saturday off of work so he could go on the camp out. Then it got canceled. So we had a camp out of our own. We didn't want the expense or hassle of going to a camp ground, so we camped out in our back yard. We also invited a couple of friends from church to join us. It was a lot of fun!
Here's the view from the upper deck. Our tent is on the left, and the Wises' tent is on the right. The Loomises didn't stay the night, but they came for the BBQ and the campfire.
The kids had a blast playing on the swing set, and in the tents, and it was a beautiful camp fire.
The next morning we went together to hike around Round Lake. It was a beautiful hike that was easy enough for the kids and for us old people. The water was sparkly and
the scenery was puzzle worthy. We were there right at the end of the wild flower season and were able to see the Camas Lilies, as well as some wild orchids. It was a very nice day. The kids thought that the most interesting part was finding this little millipede.
And they thought that the best part was when we got to the end of the hike and had this playground all to ourselves!
It was a really fun weekend and I'm glad that the camp out got canceled and that we have good friends with kids that play well with ours, that like to hang out with us.
With the end of the year fast approaching, we are being bombarded with end of the school year activities. The first was a hike that Dallin got to go on with his class and his dad.
We only got one picture because then the camera died. =( This is at horsetail falls, I believe. Then right after school Jerrin had a track meet with his school and 3 other elementary schools in the district. He placed 3rd in the 200 meter race.
It happened to be Brandon's day off as well as his birthday.
Three days later I went with Tamsen to the zoo on Kyleen's kindergarten field trip. It was supposed to be pouring, and we went prepared with ponchos and warm clothes, but I think our prayers were heard, and it was a beautiful day! Next time I think I'll pray that we're the only ones there on a field trip! Can you say crowded?! It was really fun, though. Kyleen was matched up with her friend Emily (one of our back yard camp out buddies) and her mom, Nancy, was the chaperon, and so I brought their little guy, Thomas, with me, and we all hung out together at the zoo. The weather was so perfect that all of the animals came out to say hello. It was really fun! Tamsen enjoyed seeing the bears there for the first time.
All four of the kids had a great time playing jungle explorer in the wrecked Jeep by the hyena enclosure.
The best parts of the day were when we visited the otters and the sea lions. They were in performing moods, and our kids were front and center. There were a lot of kids there that day, especially with the otters because we saw them before all of the field trips were headed back to school. The sea lions were after the main crowds had left. So, sorry about how loud the video is, but there were lots of excited kiddos.


The sea lions were amazing! I can't believe how large these animals are. Tamsen was standing up by me, but Thomas was right down by the glass trying to tickle the sea lions, and Kyleen and Emily were sitting up on a log to the right. They were fascinated by these sea creatures.



Of all of these amazing creatures that we saw that day, the most intriguing was one that we found in our house after we got home that night. It was very alarming, and not something you see everyday. I knew I had to document it, because nobody would believe me without a photograph to prove that I wasn't making it up.



Elmo's a boozer! Actually...



it's just Tamsen!

I found her in her costume drinking her Henry Weinhard's Cream Soda, and it was so funny I had to take some pics.
It's been a busy and fun month, and I know that it's just going to get busier before the calm of summer; but we are having a great time, and are looking forward to the many other activities we have coming up. Cub Camp, Portland Mormon Choir Concert, Dance Festival, and Girl's Camp, just to name a few. There's sure to be lots of updates coming!

4 comments:

Daya said...

What a busy month!! I hope we can keep some nicer weather for a bit so we can have some more outdoor fun!!

Michelle said...

What a fun idea to go camping in the backyard! That fire really was beautiful too. Very impressive. =) Hope you guys are doing well!

Jennifer said...

I knew something was up with Elmo, he is always a little too happy if you ask me :)

Ramona Zabriskie said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I miss you all!