I now have 2 children in Middle School! I can't believe it, and yet it's true! Both Breanne and Dallin are Middleschoolers! I don't like Middle School, I never have, but I've got to say that for the most part I am very impressed with our Middle School. I am grateful that they are a little over strict, because I much prefer that to too lenient, especially when my kids aren't troublemakers. So far, Breanne and Dallin are both doing well in their Excel Classes and with their instruments in band. This year I didn't get a group picture, because Bre and Dallin have to leave over an hour before Jerrin and Kyleen need to, so I let them sleep in on the first day.
Dallin is my early riser. He is always up before everyone else, bright-eyed, and bushy-tailed. I think that I've only had to wake him up once in the last 2 years. He's just like his dad, and can't sleep if the sun is shining! Bre, on the other hand...she's a sleeper-inner. She takes after me. =) Here they are, all ready for the first day of school.
Jerrin is in 4th grade this year, and Kyleen is in 1st. They both really enjoy school and are getting along well with their teachers and classmates. Jerrin is doing crossing guard this year and is excited for the trip to Oake's Park that they get to go on at the end of the school year. Kyleen is catching up with her reading. Last year, in an attempt to cut budget costs, the kindergarten schedule was really messed up . It put all of the kindergartners behind in reading because they weren't able to retain much information with the gappy schedule. Thankfully, Kyleen has a really wonderful first grade teacher, who understands the issue and is doing really well to help them catch up. It's fun to see her reading more and more every day. Tamsen got up with the kids on the first day of school and got ready, too. She was sad when she realized that she couldn't stay at school with the kids, but came around quickly when she got the house and the mom to herself the entire day! She's liking this only-child-at-home thing! Here are the three youngest all ready for the first day of school.
It's hard for me to believe that next year all 5 kids will be in school full-time! It's a crazy thought. I do look forward to spending a lot of time in the schools, helping in classrooms and keeping tabs on the educations of my children. It's nice, this year, volunteering in Kyleen's classroom every week. I get to take Tamsen with me, and I get the rock star treatment that all moms get when they volunteer at the school. It'll be nice to be able to help in all three Elementary School classrooms next year, and to help at the Middle School as well. I love my kids and enjoy hearing the wonderful things that the school staff has to say about them. I have been blessed with great kids, and I am so thankful!
Parting shots...Jerrin at his desk,
and Kyleen at hers.
Here's to a wonderful 2010-2011 school year!







2 comments:
Your kids are so cute and so big! Glad they are enjoying school!
I can't believe that you have two in middle school!!! That is a scary thought to me. Miss you and those young women!
Post a Comment