Dallin decided to wear his Bumblebee mask and carry around a nerf gun. He was going to be the #1 Transformers Fan, and wear a Transformers t-shirt, and have Jerrin's walkee talkees hanging from his belt loops, etc. but he decided to simplify. I love how you can see his eyes through the mask.
Jerrin was Jack the Pumpkin King, from The Nightmare Before Christmas. He wanted to go all out, and wanted the suit. I was trying to pinch pennies, and I found an XL Lady Gangsta (that was the official name of the costume) costume at Value Village for $10. Then I re-purposed some of the buttons with new button holes, and cut it down to his size, and then I used the shoulder pads to make his bat bow-tie. This was the finished product. Not too bad, if I do say so myself. He even wore the coat to school one day, insisting that the polyester was really warm.
Kyleen and Tamsen wanted to be fairies. So we bought them each a leotard and tights, and then I made some little skirts out of fabric I had around the house. Tamsen was a Spring Fairy, and Kyleen was a Fall Fairy. Really it was mostly about the glitter spray, hair, and make up, for these girls. They looked darling, and I'm worried about when they get to wear make up for real, because we are going to have 3 gorgeous girls!
We had a great Halloween and were glad to be able to find ways to celebrate it on Saturday so we could enjoy a nice Halloween dinner with family on the Sabbath. Here's the whole group (on Saturday).
Sorry, I have neglected my blogging lately, but I've been very busy. I am working, with Daya, as the Ticket committee for Portland Mormon Choir and Orchestra this season, and we were just moved up to be Membership Co-Chairs, which will be an exciting challenge to work on together. I've also been working really hard on getting myself back into good physical shape. It started as a challenge to myself to complete Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred in 34 days, so I could take Sundays off. I was posting my small successes on my Facebook page, and started having friends encouraging me to keep it up and I began encouraging them, as well. Now we have the Move and Improve Support Group on Facebook, and it is 23 members strong. We report to each other when we have been physically active, and encourage each other to get our workouts done. It's a great group of friends, and we are finding success! In the last year I have lost 20 pounds! 1/2 of which has been in the last 8 weeks, since starting Shred and Move and Improve. I'm still going and will continue to work on getting to my best physical health, but here is my before and after, so far...

That's all I'll post for today, so you're not too sorry for checking out my blog. Have a great day, and I will try to post again, soon.







3 comments:
Thanks for the update! I've been wondering where you've been. Great Halloween costumes & way to go on the weight loss!!
Cute costumes! You are so creative and did a great job! And good job on the weight loss too!
Your family is so cute Cheryn! Bre made an adorable ogre!! :)
Post a Comment