Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Long Drive, Long Beach!

On the Thursday of Spring Break the sun decided to make its only appearance the whole week, and so Daddy took half of a day off of work and we decided to take the kids to the Washington Coast for the first time. Kyleen was all smiles despite the long drive.


Once we got there we saw how beautiful the beach was and we were very excited to come back on a day that is warmer and maybe not quite so windy!



There was this cool boardwalk that was .4 miles long. We were going to walk the whole thing, but then we decided that it would be more fun to hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Disappointment.



Dallin was excited to go on a hike.



It was a muddy hike, but it was so beautiful at the top that it was definitely worth dealing with the mud, and the wind.



Check out how windy it was. Jerrin's shirt and the little girls' hair tell the tale! It was a lot of fun, and I'm so glad that the sun came out long enough for us to take a long drive to Long Beach!

This parting shot is a picture of Dallin in his Leonardo De Vinci costume that we put together for his excel class. It was a hit!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I miss the beach... actually I miss having a spring break!!! Your kids are getting so tall!

Daya said...

I made that hike up to the lighthouse. I was 7 months preggo with Riley. I got a lot of funny looks that day.

Clinton and Danielle said...

"...we decided that it would be more fun to hike up to the lighthouse at Cape Disappointment." I don't know if you wrote it this way on purpose, but I thought it was quite funny. Sounds like something Clinton would say.
Fun pictures!