Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tamsen Janene Hunter

At the beginning of this month my baby turned 4! It's weird to think sometimes that I won't have any more babies, but at the same time, it's an exciting stage to be in. When we go to the park I can play with the kids because I'm not holding the baby. When we go to the beach or the zoo I don't have to worry about a stroller or a diaper bag, and I don't have to schedule in nursing sessions. Don't get me wrong...I do miss the sweetness of having a baby in our home. They are so precious and add so much to a family; but I am officially to the point in my life where I love to borrow baby moments from my siblings and friends, and then go home, and sleep through the night!
Tamsen is such a wonderful exclamation point to our family! She is fun, outgoing, and a little crazy. She fits right in. She loves to keep up with her brothers and sisters, as evidenced by the fact that 16 days after her 4th birthday she decided that she didn't want to use her training wheels anymore.



I wish I had some pictures of her birthday, but our camera charger was missing and so the best I can do is borrow a photo from my sister's blog.


(back row left to right) Dallin, Madelyn, Tamsen, Kyleen, Ellie, Hannah, Paden
(front row left to right) Jerrin, Riley, Sam, Breanne

This is a picture of all of the Conklin grand kids, minus my brother's 5 kids in Utah. This was on Tamsen's birthday, which happened to fall on Easter this year. We had a huge birthday party to celebrate all of the April birthdays. So we celebrated birthdays for Ellie, Papa, Cheryn, Tamsen, Daya, Anton, Jennifer, and Madelyn. Then, 3 days later our new little nephew, Rowen, was born, so next year we'll have 9 to celebrate!

So Happy Birthday to my little Tootsie! We love her so much and can't imagine our family without her.


We went one day with Auntie Erica to a consignment sale while all of the other kids were at school, and Tamsen and Kyleen got some pretty fancy face painting done. My little princesses!

3 comments:

Clinton and Danielle said...

Wow Tamsee! Great Job!
Adorable photo of Kyleen and Tam! Give all your kids extra squeezes for me! Love you all!

Jaye said...

I love, "Tamsen is such a wonderful exclamation point to our family!"
so cute! xoxo

Ramona Zabriskie said...

That is exactly how I describe Hannah! An exclamation point! I feel like you do - so blessed to have the "baby" I do. Enjoy every second - she'll soon be 5'11"! Oh -- and enjoy sleeping through the night...