Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What's The Deal With That Crazy Hair?

Ok, so what's with the crazy hair?


Last month Grammy and Papa took me and the kids to the zoo for the day. It was a GORGEOUS day; the perfect day to go to the zoo. We decided that before we go exploring we should be sure to visit the restrooms. I took both little girls into a stall and the static electricity was insane! I'm sure it probably sounded pretty weird to people in the stalls next to us when I said, "Wait, hold still, I want to take your picture!" but I think that this picture is great!

Once we were sure that everyone's bladders were empty, we were off. Because it was the first really nice Saturday in quite a while, the zoo was pretty busy, but it also meant that most of the animals were out enjoying the sunshine. The bald eagles were so cool, as were the wolves, and the hippos and rhinos, but the jaguar was amazing!


It just kept pacing back and forth in front of the glass, flirting with my girls. I love the big cats, they are just so beautiful!

The lorikeets were beautiful as well. They were very social and enjoyed being fed. Each of the kids ended up inheriting syrup cups from other visitors as they were ready to leave the enclosure. Breanne had a bird sit and drink out of her cup until it was gone...




and Jerrin's bird got silly and perched on his head. Dallin wasn't as fortunate. He held out his cup and a bird flew over, grabbed the cup with it's claws, bit Dallin's finger, and flew off, taking the cup with it! It was pretty funny!

The farm area was a big hit,
and a nice way to let the kids play,


while the adults took a little break.



The drums were also a big "hit", as long as Tamsen didn't have to share.


Add to all of this penguins, and giraffes, a train ride and lollipops, and it all ends up being a wonderful day!



Thank you, Grammy and Papa, we had so much fun!

No comments: